Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stage 2 Labs

Progress Continues.

I think Donald Trump has me depressed.

"Money was never a big motivation for me, except as a way to keep score. The real excitement is playing the game." - Donald Trump

Well, obviously.

And yet an alarming amount of the U.S. Population believes he can be trusted not to bump up that high score with the power that would be at his disposal in the Oval Office.

Fortunately he is not the only Billionaire in existence, and others that exist- albeit all too few- have a purpose higher than that of a child in an arcade.

So, aside from us working in obscurity, here are people applying their minds and resources to things that matter more than high scores.

http://www.billionsinchange.com/

Created by the man who made his fortune with Five Hour Energy, he's applying the absurd wealth gained from an absurd product to something vastly more useful. Improving the global quality of life.

It's quite inspiring. If you have an hour to burn, the video is well worth the watching. This is genius.

I admit, I am a bit jealous of how they have pulled this off, but as they are not especially clandestine I do rather fear for their future. There are an alarming number of powerful people in the world who would happily keep half the world in misery and poverty than risk seeing their high scores drop.

I think we can expect great things from Stage 2 Labs, assuming they are not destroyed.

Meanwhile I find my focus waning personally. A side effect perhaps from an ongoing project... Productivity remains through the roof, but how much I am getting done causes all that I am not having much success with to seem that much more of a waste of time- even if I have the time to spare.

Still, I can be quite stubborn if I put my mind to it. We shall see how it pans out.




Progress continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment